[NOTE: The following email template assumes your group is on the PRO plan, but it can easily be edited for inviting users to a BASIC group. Comments to admins below are in [BRACKETS] and should be removed before sending!]
It's challenge time, and you're invited! We've created a group on Count.It which hosts fitness tracker challenges. We're kicking this thing off on [INSERT DATE], and the challenge will run until [INSERT DATE.]
To make things interesting, we've created goals and rewards for individuals, teams, and the group as a whole. We'll announce winners at the end of the challenge, so follow the simple steps below to get going, and we'll see you on the leaderboard!
Step 1: Install your fitness tracking app
Count.It supports direct connections to most popular wearable devices and/or free smart phone tracking apps. (Note: If you don't have a wearable device, that's ok! All you need is an iPhone or Android device!)
- If you already have an account on a supported fitness tracking app, i.e. Google Fit, Fitbit, Garmin, Strava, Misfit, or RunKeeper, jump to Step 2!
- If you have an iPhone, or Apple Watch, and plan to use the built in Apple Health app for tracking, jump to Step 2!
- If you have an Android phone, but no tracker yet, we recommend using Google Fit, which ships with most Android smartphones. Just click the Google Fit app on your phone to get started and create a Google Fit account. (If necessary, you can download Google Fit from the Google Play store here.)
Step 2: Join Count.It!
[NOTE TO ADMIN: The following text is designed for "public" groups. If your group is private, you should only use the web section below. Why? If your group is "private," you will need to send your users your group's custom invite link, and they must first create their account on the web, and then download the app. The custom invite link can only be used for web onboarding. ]
You can sign up for Count.It on the web or via the Count.It iOS and Android apps.
- To join on the web: Simply click here [YOUR CUSTOM INVITE LINK HERE -- FOUND ON YOUR INVITES PAGE] and follow the prompts to join our group on Count.It.
- To join via app: Download the Count.It iOS app or Android app, click "Sign Up," and follow the prompts. When asked to "Enter your group name..." type the name of our group in the auto-prompt field which is [YOUR GROUP NAME].
Step 3: Connect your fitness tracker
- Web Sign Up: On the "Connect Your Device" screen, simply click the connect button below your fitness tracker app brand. Not to worry, you can add more later if you like on your Settings --> Trackers page.
- App Sign Up: You will be prompted to connect either Apple Health (iOS) or Google Fit (Android) during onboarding. Just follow the prompts and grant the required data sharing permissions. You can add more trackers later via your Settings --> Trackers page.
Step 4: Join your team! [PRO ACCOUNTS only, and only if your group has teams!]
- Go to your Teams page. Click on the 'JOIN' button next to your team's name.
- Once you are actively signed up to Count.it and in [YOUR GROUP NAME] a Captain/Admin will assign you to your team!